Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

bad blogger, no biscuit!

Guess what chickens?

Despite the complete and utter lack of postings, and a weekend trip to Vegas (craftsteak is officially the best restaurant ever; don't believe me? Ask my brother how his kobe filet was!), we have made PROGRESS! I have bathroom, kitchen and my office updates. And why the flurry of activity you ask?

Well, we're hosting Thanksgiving. For 19 people. Because we're crazy (hadn't everyone figured that out already?). So we kind of need things like a kitchen with a sink, and room for folks to sleep over.

But first, the bathroom!

This has been done for a while, but I am a slacker.

Here, may I present the skimcoated wall without tile:
132_3221

And the newly tiled wall!
132_3237

Yeah, the non-matching tiles are a little sketch. It's also a little uneven, because the backing was uneven. But, it's tiled! And, even though I tiled the sucker like 3 weeks ago, I have yet to grout. I am a bad diy-er. What did I just say about slacking?

And right before Halloween, JBB put up the shower riser. I never knew how much I loved showers until this sucker went in. Love.
shower

We also added a soap dish onto the riser.
soapbasket
It's super cutie. There's a surprising amount of room in there-I think it even tops our last bathroom's traditional tiled wall shower curtain thingamabob for size. And no more puddling of the shower curtain on the floor! I feel like singing along to George Michael's Freedom right here. (Yeah, that dates me. I know).

I need to upload the actual pictures of the actual bathroom, so you all can see the new shower curtains we bought for the occasion! That and the fact that the cat had poked holes in the old ratty ones from Target. Not that the new curtains aren't from Target. Because Target rules.

Speaking of Target, I have to get myself over there and get a folding table for Thanksgiving. Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home