Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

what i did this weekend

132_3231
yeah, I'm crazy.


over 300 stencils. done!




132_3222
first one! this was way before I figured out to use painters tape on the corners so I didn't have to keep respraying the sucker with spray adhesive. Eventually, I got in the groove and used a dry roller to smooth the stencil, and a straight edge to wedge it into corners.

Copy of 132_3223
second one...of many.

132_3225
finishing the first wall.

132_3227
the little foam stencil brushes were perfect, though the edges of the stencils cut them up pretty nicely. I went through 4 total.

a triptych, entitled, "Why Jen Hates Corners, Especially Corners With Molding"
132_3233
132_3235
132_3234


et voila!
132_3232
complete with cabinet bolted to the wall!

7 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool.

I'm amazed.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply amazing! I'm extremely impressed and in awe.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger StuccoHouse said...

I did a 5 color stencil on my bedroom walls a few months back. Its amazing how much work it is. I had to rest every half an hour or so or my arms would fall asleep and I would get dizzy. Your's looks good!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger SmilingJudy said...

Looks beautiful! Nice job!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger jen said...

thanks everyone!

my shoulder and neck are still sore from the contortions, so I cannot imagine doing a multi-color stencil!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm scheduling a massage for myself just LOOKING at those photos! But it looks great!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Poppy said...

wow...you did an amazing job, especially the corners. Looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home