Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Hallway photos

Here are photos of the downstairs & upstairs hallways, which are approaching typically-messy-room status instead of we-live-in-a-storage-facility box-ladenness.

131_3168Downstairs hallway sans desk. FWIW that cabinet/bookshelf is vintage IKEA if you can believe it. The first IKEA in the US opened outside of Philadelphia in the early/mid-80's, and my parents went to town on the place. We have two of these cabinets -- the other one we hung some stemware rails on and converted into our bar.











131_3150
Here is the upstairs hall. No major changes but I did swap out the light fixture, and we put down a nice rug my parents gave me way back in college. I promise we do own furniture of our own, it's not all hand-me-downs. Unfortunately one of the things I am responsible is that weird chest thing in the hallway, which is IKEA, four drawers, and needs to go away sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home