Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

the stencil post

Ok. So the stencils came, and gorgeous.
131_3164

I did a few sample boards that I'd painted with the background color, and again, gorgeous. Though it did take us (and my us I mean ME) a while to figure out the layout issues with the registration marks.

What can I say, I'm easily confused. JBB pointed out that the registration marks made for evenly spaced medallions. Aligning the little top/bottom bits on the side of the stencil with a top/bottom bit on a previously done completed motif makes for an allover pattern--which is what we want.

So the samples of metallic paints. We're torn. O all knowing blogosphere, what do you think? Left or right? (and please ignore the bit on the right where I did part of the motif over an already done motif)
131_3167

I think I am leaning toward the left color-wise, but depth wise, the right is much better. maybe mix a bit into each?

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Poppy said...

shoot me but I'm not seeing much difference in color. Sorry not to be of more help but I've enjoyed reading your blog!

Keep up the good work!

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the left too. If that's your basecoat color, I think the one on the right is too deep and creates too much contrast.
But that's just my humble opinion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home