Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Monday, October 09, 2006

oooh shiny...

shower

this is now on our tub.

jbb installed it last night, and only got shot in the face with water twice. the first time I was able not to laugh out loud. the second time, not so much. come on! how many times do you see a tom and jerry cartoon in real life?

while he was installing, I was taping and mudding up the drywall and cement board he'd put up earlier to cover up the gaping hole in the bathroom wall where the pipe was (see previous post).

I'm not really sure what the previous owners did in terms of, well anything, but in this case plumbing. the bathroom sink drain pipe? held into the pipe in the wall with caulk. Oh, and stopped up with gobs and gobs of black hair dye. the instant jbb touched it, it popped off the wall and STUNK to high heaven--you know that hair dye smell? ugh. yet another thing for the plumber to fix when he comes this week.

but at least I was able to get a skim coat of joint compound on the top of the drywall hole today. I have to say it looks pretty good for my first stab at skim coating! I am heartened. Maybe this means I'll actually be able to eliminate the devil wallpaper that refuses to come off of my office walls...

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow. that fixture is AMAZING. if you have me over, I will casually excuse myself to use the restroom and after 15 min. you'll start to wonder where I am and then will say "oh! the new faucet!" and you'll holler up the stairs to tell me to stop wasting water. seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home