Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I think I'm broken

first there was the toe.

then there was the migrane this week.

and now I am all stuffed up.

Seriously. I am broken yo.


i sat around sick for much of the weekend, save for some kitchen floor mopping and hall and stair rug vacuuming. Yay for clean! Jbb installed a new hall light upstairs. I sat on the stairs to the third floor keeping him company, sniffling, and peeling the white paint off the door in large 6" sheets. See, I'm a picker by nature, and I can even begin to describe how immensely satisfying to peel off the sheets of paint like sunburned skin. (and I'm pretty sure this is a coat that was done within the last 5 years or so, so no lead paint worries)

Apparently, before they painted the doors white (without, mind you, sanding or priming the previous coats), they'd painted the doors metallic silver. oooh, shiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home