Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

floors

Sunday, Jonathan and his dad went to town on the kitchen, while his mom shopvaced up the crap on the living room and dining room floors so I could wash them.

Which I did. With a scrub brush. On my hands and knees. And 6 changes of water.

Y'all, they were FILTHY. Like turn the water black filthy. And I thought they hadn't been that bad beforehand, but now they look gorgeous.

It didn't help matters that the previous owners, or the previous previous owners, had decided to put drippy paint cans down on the floor with nothing underneath them and so I had to scrape all the goddamn paint drips and rings and dribbles up with a putty knife and some goo-gone (which works quite well by the way).

The one saving grace was that the cable is in and working and by god HGTV knows me so damn well I can seriously watch their cotton candy fluff for 6 hours at a time. Especially while washing floors.

I also hit the window sills and the outside part of the window sills (which, as far as I can tell, had never been wiped let alone scrubbed).

Ahh clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home