Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Friday, August 18, 2006

dear lord what is wrong with me?

I am now thinking of wallpaper for the top half of the dining room.

Now, anyone who has knows me knows my aversion to wallpaper. It's a pain in the ass to hang, and it's more of a pain in the ass to take off the damn walls. And it's everywhere in this house.

So just how is it, you may ask, that I am even considering turning to the dark side?

Because of this post at decor8, and these pretty pretty papers from
farrow and ball:

wallpaper
(they are st. antoine and silvergate)

and look! bees!
wallpaperbee


How much you wanna bet right now JBB and my mom are falling out of their chairs in shock?

Maybe I'll just stencil or stamp instead...

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger JBB said...

Yep, I am falling out of my chair in shock. We shall discuss. 8)

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do wallpaper - Mom

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh my God are those patterns gorgeous!! Just so you know, (and you probably do by now, months later) Farrow & Ball is like, mega expensive. Like, sell the cat, the cars, and all your jewelry, and then mortgage your lives expensive.
But it's sooooo purrrrty. It's all hand made, natch. It's the Hermes of wallpaper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home