Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in suburban New Jersey

Jersey House: fixing up an 1899 house in north jersey, without killing each other, or the house, or the cat.

Monday, June 04, 2007

hey, know what's fun?

coming home from work on a rainy day to find a 15 foot branch from the magnolia tree hanging across the sidewalk--still attached to the tree mind you.

so forty minutes later, there I am next to a big ass pile of 3 foot chunks of tree and leaves, wielding the 20 foot tree pruner and japanese pull saw, chatting with my neighbor about which one cuts better (he was duly impressed at my insanity).

I wish I'd had the forethought to take a picture beforehand, as the pile is not nearly as impressive as the dangling branch, but really, considering I was out there in my silk shirt and fancy jeans that wasn't going to happen. I did stop and change into my converse though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home